Meet Jaja Chen
"The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
- Elisabeth Kübler-Ross
As a counselor who has lived as a third-culture kid (TCK) overseas, I have witnessed and experienced the impact that trauma and transitions have on individuals, couples, and helping professionals. Returning to the United States for both my Bachelor and Master of Social Work at Baylor University was a major culture shock and transition in my life; therapy was a pivotal part of that transition process.
As a result of both personal and professional experiences, I find immense joy in walking alongside individuals’ journeys in holistic healing.
I utilize a mind-body and gut-brain connection framework- noting that the body, mind, soul and spirit are interconnected.
We may be a good fit for each other if you are:
- A mama seeking to take care of yourself and heal from birth trauma, experiences in the NICU, perinatal depression and anxiety (including obsessive-compulsive disorder – OCD), early infant loss, miscarriage, and/or other maternal mental health concerns, no matter how long it has been since your pregnancy, postpartum period, or loss.
- Experiencing PTSD and/or trauma reactions from events you personally experienced or witnessed including sexual assault, interpersonal violence, spiritual and psychological trauma, traumatic grief, systemic and racial oppression, and/or historical trauma.
- Wanting to incorporate counseling and self-care into your holistic treatment for chronic health concerns including chronic pain, PCOS, endometriosis, infertility, IBS, GERD, Meniere’s disease, chronic fatigue, insomnia or fibromyalgia.
- A helping professional, caregiver, or entrepreneur wanting to increase self-care, set healthy boundaries, and/or reduce secondary trauma and burnout experienced from those you care for and manage.
- Wanting to delve deeper into the shame resiliency work of Dr. Brené Brown and wanting to integrate The Daring Way™ and Rising Strong processes in your life.
I seek to ethically integrate faith and spirituality in practice, particularly when clients deem faith and spirituality to be important aspects of their lives. Experiences in the field of trauma and Certification in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy has led me to sensitive towards the ways the body stores trauma physically. In sessions, you can expect for me to incorporate the use of EMDR therapy, as identified to be appropriate, trauma-informed mindfulness-based approaches, and the shame resiliency work of Dr. Brené Brown's research.
I am a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) through the Texas State Board of Social Worker Examiners and am a Certified EMDR Therapist. I am also currently participating in the Maternal Mental Health Certificate Training through Postpartum Support International & 2020 Mom for mental health professionals. Bilingual Mandarin Chinese services are available, upon request.
I look forward to walking alongside your journey of integration.
Jaja Chen, LCSW, CDWF, Certified EMDR Therapist
To discuss your needs and schedule a consultation or training, please click here to contact Enrichment or by phone at 254-235-3500