Parenting Counseling Solutions
Private parent coaching is available to support you in guiding your child to be responsible, reliable, emotionally mature and resilient. We teach Positive Discipline parenting which is a high accountability, mutual respect and trust based approach to parenting all ages appropriate for intact families, single parents, families with addictions, blended families, adoptive families and foster families.
See the article below from the PositiveDiscipline.org website. Visit their website for more information:
Parenting Through & After Divorce
Parenting topics may include parenting all ages of children including teens, parenting through and after divorce, trauma, traumatic grief, adjustment to major life transitions, attachment difficulties and more. We love working with blended and adoptive families and supporting them through this transition as they define and create the family life experience they desire.
- Divorcing parents
- Presence of or potential for
- high conflict
- divorce games using children
- bad mouthing the other parent
- alienation tactics
- Shared custody or visitation (i.e. both parents will be having contact with the children through and / or after the divorce process)
- Co-Parenting any number of dependent children
- Co-Parenting any age of dependent children
- History of, or presence of: violence, abandonment, addictions, legal and / or CPS involvement
- Session 1 - The Role of Parents in the Development of Secure and Insecure Attachment
- Session 2 - The Behavioral and Relational Results of Secure and Insecure Attachment
- Session 3 - Setting the Stage for Single Parenting: Collaboration and Support, Communication With the Other Parent
- Session 4 - Your Relationship With Your Child and the Other Parent’s Relationship With Your Child
- Session 5 - Practicing Cooperation and Encouragement While Expecting Accountability
- Session 6 - Understanding Misbehavior, It Isn’t Just Because You Are a Single Parent
- Session 7 - Effective Discipline Tools for Single Parents
- Session 8 - Engaging Your Child in Problem Solving
Cost: $800 - Must Be Paid Up Front
Blended families come with a unique set of challenges. More second marriages end in divorce than first marriages. Take preventative measures and seek counseling early in the blending process.
The challenges of first marriages are amplified in a second marriage, kids are already on board and accustom to a parenting style. Habits of finances, household management, communication and more are already decided. Someone if not everyone is experiencing a shift in living arrangements which may come with community and school changes as well.
The married pair does not have the same opportunity to “couple up” as first time marriages because there is rarely time without children. Decisions about child rearing specifically do not get to be made as a couple because they are already on board with those parenting decisions in place. Even when parenting styles look consistent, when you move in together, the intensity of time reveals the differences. Those skillful children also know how to introduce their share of challenges to the couple and family system.
On top of those challenges, often mom and dad bring their own challenges in overcoming a bad if not traumatic first marriage and possibly their own unresolved childhood trauma. No wonder second marriages require twice as much investment and dedication to succeed.
If you would like to take a proactive approach to your blended family’s success, come work with us and set your feet on the path to your desired family experience.